With approximately two hundred active members, we are an established church of the American
Baptist denomination with roots dating back to pre-Civil War days. In the years 1859 and 1860 Court
Street Baptist Church (and Society) and the Free Will Baptist Church (and Society) began.
Court Street Baptist and the Auburn United Baptist (Free Will Baptist) churches merged in 1930 as
the Court Street United Baptist Church and remained as such until 1970 when we became
incorporated as Court Street Baptist Church.
Our members come from all walks of life with different backgrounds and all types of needs. God, in His
wonderful grace, continues to mold us together into a Body of Christ that cares and is not ashamed to
identify with our Lord and Savior.